Issues To Consider When Negotiating The Sale Of Your Home:
- Is the buyer qualified…ready, willing and able? (Most times this is the case. A buyers agent does not want to waist their time working with an un-qualified buyer! If there is not a pre-approval letter with the contract, request one!)
- How long has your property been on the market?
- Given the market condition, how attractive is the offer?
- Where, if anywhere, are you willing/able to compromise?
- If you counter their offer, are you willing to risk the buyer “walking”?
- Make a list of the strengths and weaknesses of the offer.